View Single Post
Old 12-22-12, 05:08 PM
lhendrick

Bikes: Surly LHT, Trek 2100, Trek 7000 (1995 or so) Trek 7000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On my first read through this thread I thought to myself, this guy (OP) needs help, he is damaged and has retreated into a solitary endeavor (long distance biking). On a second read through, I still think he would benefit from some psychotherapy - but that he should know that no one can answer his question but him. He alone knows how his issues have restricted his options. He alone can gain the courage to look beyond what he perceives as his limiting physical attributes and look at other humans as other than something to be avoided. As for specific ways to "kill time" - how about using one hour a day to plot a set of objectives with other people and interests instead of re-routing roads and google earth views for places to hide.

I offer this viewpoint with no malice, as I too suffer, maybe from depression, who knows, and I tend to ride around on my motorcycle, and now my bike - and I see myself trying to avoid human contact.....in my case I am just so damn engaging that people want to talk to me.

"As if we could kill time without injuring eternity..." Quoted from Henry David Thoreau http://quotationsbook.com/quote/39281/