Old 12-22-12, 10:42 PM
Savagewolf
KingoftheMountain wannabe

Bikes: V.O. Pass Hunter & Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Build my bike (modern bike with vintage look)

I am currently planning the build for my future rando bike, as there is a good chance a builder I have been waiting for to open will have an opening. If I don't get the spot, I'll still be planning the same build for when it does open.

The plan : A vintage looking bike but built today. I want it to be as functional, but not so much that it will take away from a very clean look. I want the impossible of bells and whistles without seeing all of the bells and whistles.

Known details :

Frame: Club racer, English 3-speed appearance.

Shifting: Bar end or down tube, no brifters. Bar-end would be more functional, but I'm not a fan of the cabling up there. Down tube gives me a more desirable appearance but will require a bit more reaching to shift. Advantage going to bar-end right now.

Brake levers: Aero. No debate here for me. Black hoods, drilled levers, unsure of brand.

Brakes: Unsure of style or brand.

Drivetrain: Triple or compact, polished silver, 175 crank arms. Unsure for ring sizes.

Fenders: Full, front and back. Undecided on polished steel or painted to frame colors.

Wheels and tires: Unsure. Reliability and durability are priorities over speed and must be able to handle me with no issues (6'4, 230lb guy). Leaning towards wider than most road bikes.

Lighting : Something that mounts on the fender or headtube and has a polished steel appearance. Long-running battery powered or dynamo if it can be clean (too many wires)
Rear light with a polished steel appearance that fits on fender or near brakes

Saddle : Brooks B-17 Imperial, honey

Saddlebag : Brooks or other leather, honey

Handlebar tape : Leather, honey

Pump : Probably want a full frame pump, polished silver or painted to frame color, just hate the look of the pump on the bike.

To be continued.....