View Single Post
Old 12-25-12, 11:10 AM
mmeiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LeeG
Being in shape is not your problem, finding interests other than sitting on your bike is, or it's possible the heavy miles are an avoidance behavior that isn't working anymore.
See, while i agree with the quoted poster that it is a form of avoidance i don't think there is anything wrong with it. Some of us just have issues to work out. Maybe it's societal pressures to keep up with the jones', the rat race, maybe its pride, maybe its anger. Whatever it is its ok, just keep riding. Exhaust the energy or idea.

Just keep riding until you know what it is or find something better. Don't kill time, ride until you have no more time to kill. Then either the endorphines or the exhaustion will lead you to new possibilities.

Riding has never steered me wrong. I'll give it my anger, i give it my hopes and fears and it molds and sculpts and teaches me new things about myself and the world .

Keep going until you find your limit of what you're doing then i'm sure you'll find something else. How can you not with literally a whole world of possibilities in front of your wheel. If it strikes you you might try ultraendurance racing, unsupported ultra endurance. Perhaps off road touring like the great divide which will really challenge you more.