Old 12-26-12, 01:45 PM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Maybe you have mental telepathy. From what I could see, the fenders now are as you wished.

I am not sure about the rear rack, but I didn't look extraordinarily out of place, and still have plenty of height above it to accommodate a Nelson Longflap or Camper. I wasn't so impressed with the flat alloy stock bar used as the front stays, however, and would probably fabricate my own tubular ones for greater stability.

I liked that the bike could be folded down without the rear rack being removed, however. And I probably wouldn't opt for a front rack.

I had blocked tyres on the bike I test road, and I know that as soon as I hear noise from a tyre, that's wasted energy. I would probably opt for a smooth tyre -- offroad riding isn't something we'd do much of, I think, except for short lengths of good gravel to access campgrounds like those in the Canadian Rockies (up to 2km), .

Anyway, there is plenty of time between now and then to consider the options... plus save the money and plan our next North American trip to do the pick-up.