Old 12-26-12, 04:55 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Update: Handlebar and stem DONE!

After searching for an early version (with oval "Cinelli/Milano" stamp extension neck) Cinelli 1A with a longer, correct for me 110mm extension length for almost a year, I finally found one that's pretty much NOS from a Spanish seller at eBay a few weeks ago for less than 50 bucks!......I was not as successful with my search for a replacement old version (with Cinelli crests)Cinelli Campione Del Mondo bars to replace the badly scarred one that came with the bike. Everything I found for auction or for sale was just crazy expensive or beat up even worse than my bar ....so I decided to just polish up the original last night...yes,........ X-mas night making beautiful sounding power tool noises in my garage!...
Here's the result!

Yah...I also sanded and polished up the rest of the bar that's not seen under the handlebar tape, but I just don't want to know that all that zigzag gouges and scratches are under there!
Now that new stem's gonna stay there permanently as polishing a tube with all those bends on it was not easy!!

Next on the polishing bench would be the 1st gen DA bake levers! Maybe I'll hit them with the polishing wheel on New Year's eve??....

Chombi

Last edited by Chombi; 12-26-12 at 04:58 PM.