Old 12-28-12, 06:31 PM
neo_pop_71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Life got busy again, I had to shelve the project for a day. Today before I started sanding I played around with the handlebars again, plenty of options with pros and cons. I think I've addressed all my picky wants and the winner is... SOMA Sparrow. I like the fact that the Sparrow has a shallow drop, isn't too wide (I opted for the 52 instead of the 56), and has a tight center grip area for commuting into the wind. I also dig having the option of going from a drop bar to a "Townie" set up just by flipping the bar over. Unlike a number of very nice conversions in this thread, I'm running thumb shifters instead of Barcons. I've never been a fan of bar end shifters, I've tried them on a couple different builds but they just don't do it for me. I've had a set of XT thumb shifters sitting around for a couple years so it's nice to finally get to put them to use. I went with an old faithful when it came to the brake levers, it's hard to beat Dia-Compe "Batwing" levers. These levers are unique in the fact that they can be adjusted for reach, cable stretch, and spring tension... plus their bizarre look is cool!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CimarronCockpit1.jpg (103.0 KB, 1432 views)
CimarronCockpit2.jpg (100.9 KB, 1412 views)
CimarronCockpit3.jpg (100.1 KB, 1429 views)