Old 01-01-13, 01:04 PM
AzTallRider
I need speed

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Instead of a Tuesday Night Crit, we had a Tuesday Morning "Circuit Race": 1 mile each direction on an empty road, with 180* turnarounds at each end. I rode aggressively, but once again had trouble getting off the front, only managing it for very brief spells. The pack was very aggressive (early on anyway) in chasing people down, and my attempts to bridge became pulls instead. I didn't quite have the snap to create a big enough gap. One guy managed to get OTF with about 5 laps (10 miles to go). He was strong, and I pressed people to help chase him down, but only three of us were working, and he was still out there when two other guys managed to bridge with about two to go. My attempt to pursue after they had blown past turned into another pull, and those of us working were unable to reel them in. When it became clear we wouldn't, I took a breather, then accelerated out of the last turn and was 4th in the pack sprint; 7th overall. Turns out the guys who managed to stay away were young guys from Team Primal, in town for awhile.

Not a bad result, but I need to find just a bit more snap, and get smarter with my attacks and bridges. There was that one defining moment. I recognized it could be the ball game, but didn't react quickly enough to cover the bridge. Then I was telling myself "Okay, we'll reel them in"... but we didn't.

Was a hell of a good time. Racing is just so much fun when you can mix it up in front, huh?