View Single Post
Old 01-03-13, 01:38 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by donheff
so will you drive a roomy panel van?
Naah--My VW campavan will be used as Coffee and biscuits will never be far away at any time. It is planned though that a Large panel van will also be used en route to carry bikes and collect any struggling riders.

I don't know if any of you have thought about it but take a company with 100 employees. How many of them ride bikes and how many of them have done more that 20 miles in one hit on one bike ride. Not many if you are the same as the company I used to work for. To find 20 persons and then get them fit enough to do 100 miles will not be possible. For them to ride 20 is do-able though and all we have to do is get the event on the right track so I can get the 20 riders to commit to doing 20 miles. there would be a few failures even on this distance so to get them up to 100 and I doubt I could find 5. And then to get them to do 180 and the "One" rider will be doing it on his own with a good chance of him finding out what target he has set.

Spike Milligan