Old 08-25-05, 09:32 PM
Yo-
Hold me, ShaqDaddy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is being drafted annoying?

So I've read some posts on here from people that don't like people drafting them. I just thought that they were strange and that I would never meet someone like that....

... So today I'm riding up a slight uphill and I see a dude ahead of me at like 50-100 meters. This guy is riding a nice bike (looks like a full carbon) and has his full biking 'fit on. So I catch him and draft this guy 3-5 feet behind him. We're doing 16-17 mph. Half a minute goes by and he realizes I'm behind him. Now for this half minute, he's going in a straight line. When he realizes I'm behind him, he starts swerving left and right. Not wildly, but obviously doesn't want me behind him. I'm thinking WTF. I'm not breathing any of his air, blocking his view, or being a nuissance. I'm far enough behind him that if I crash, I won't bring him down. So I stay behind him and he shifts to a higher gear and tries to drop me. I'm thinking, "Nah, buddy you ain't dropping me." I shift as well and catch his draft. So we're cruising at 18-19 mph for a couple minutes and he looks behind and sees me. I flash him one of my great smiles. At this point I turn on my NOS, shift to a higher gear and go by this dude at 20-21 mph. As I go by I say, "Thanks for the draft." He looks at me with a "who the hell are you" look.

So what's the big deal of not wanting people drafting you?