Old 01-05-13, 12:23 AM
brauluver

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bikeman68
for those of you who ride fixed exclusively, just treat yourself and get a good road bike with 9 or (oh gosh) even 10 speed rear cassettes and you will fly , and want to go further and on any hill, you all have good fitness from so many miles fixed, so you can train the fixie legs on geared bikes and train your big gear efforts on flatland, and in no time you'll be flying in a 53-14, or 13,12?
I started training on fixed gears to get ready for track racing, and after a year of alternating from fixed gear bike to my road bike, I got stronger, and when on my geared-freewheel I pedaled so fluid I didnt even have to be conscience of my technique, it was just that "natural" to keep my rpms high, even when riding hard, on flatland and even hills.Dont worry guys, your never too strong for geared bikes, you will appreciate the gears after 4 hours on a ride , heading into your last batch of false flats on the route, into headwind, with your legs tapped, so you shift from that 53/15 to your 17 or 19, and thank God for the people who made the bicycle evolution possible