Old 08-25-05, 10:50 PM
puddin' legs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skinnyone
Well said....

No, not really well said. If you're not at the front pulling, then you're drafting. If you're asked to take a pull and you don't, then you're sucking. Just curious, how many who've been riding more than 10-15 years get annoyed by people on their wheel?

I have to admit that never in my life before I started following this site did I imagine people cared. I've only ever ran across one guy who was obviously annoyed that I caught up to and sat on his wheel for a bit (maybe 1/2 a k?). Yes, I let him know I was there. I said a quick hello and received no response. He started the danger big weave across the road and back while I held my line. On the third weave I pulled up parallel and as he came across, I just said, "Sorry to bother you. Next time just let the person know that you're on your own programme....have a good ride!" and dropped back about 20 yards. He seemed to still be annoyed, but that was his issue, not mine.

Seems things have changed and not really for the better going by folks reactions around here. Too bad. I've happily sat on the wheels of a few pretty well know riders with a "mind if I?" They didn't have any problem at all. They knew they were stronger and didn't expect me to do anything other than hang on. At the end of the ride there were even "thanks!" "have a good one and good luck!" exchanged. It's tough to talk much with your lungs on the road!