View Single Post
Old 01-05-13, 12:48 PM
FrederickH

Bikes: Litespeed Classic- Full Campy 10 Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=WC89;15092057]Just venting here. Some time between last Friday morning and the next Saturday morning, on a 3.5 mile stretch of nicely paved, lightly traveled (by cars), 2-lane road (no shoulder), through tree-lined watershed property and very low-density residential properties, some lowly individual scattered broken glass every few hundred feet or so The road is not even a popular cyclist road - I don't know why it's not popular, b/c to be such a nice stretch of road it's a little rare that I see another cyclist. I've had no hostile encounters with any motorists, except for one a couple of months ago who laid on his horn while passing me at high speed. It's the kind of road that when cars pass, there's always plenty of room and rare for a passing car to have traffic in the opposite lane to contend with. I reported to local PD just so they would be aware. I also reported to local DPW w/ a request for a street-sweeper.
What a big AH that did such a thing!
[/QUOTE)

I feel your pain about all of the broken glass found on today's roads. Around here, most of the glass makes an appearance on Saturday and Sunday mornings. This is when the locals buy a six-pack (usually some kind of light beer) at the bar's closing time (2:00 AM) and have a few more on the way home. Guess what they do with their empties. No, recycling is not the answer. I then try ride, my road bike, with both eyes wide open at all times. I average about 1-2 road flats/month.