'nother
semifreddo amartuerer

Bikes: several

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ovoleg
Alright I got a question for you guys because I always end up thinking this...

I wont draft behind someone 2-6 inches but I will stay 5-6 feet away. The reason I dont pass him is because Im trying pretty hard to maintain that speed and passing him is going to take alot of effort. The guys view is that your drafting behind him and sucking off him. So what do you do? I dont feel like slowing down and starting again because you never know, I might catch up to him

I never had anyone draft behind me, they either pass me or they are too slow so they never catch up
I've had this happen before and it can be interesting or annoying. If the person knows I'm there and doesn't wave you around or slow down or start swerving or something to indicate they don't want me there, I'll stay if the pace is tolerable. If they wave me off or otherwise indicate they don't want any hangers-on, I'll pass. But I've had it happen that I've passed people like that, then they speed up and pass me again. ^$#%@#$%@ grumble grumble. WTF is that about? I don't get it, they don't want to be followed, don't want to be passed -- guess they just want the road to themselves. In that case the best thing is probably to just back waaaaayy off, let them get far ahead and hope you don't catch them again. Or, store up some gumption and pass with authority.