Old 01-08-13, 01:02 PM
pacificcyclist

Bikes: 2012 Masi Speciale CX : 2013 Ghost 29er EBS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bokes View Post
For those of you with folders that roll, when do you roll it? I usually only carry my Bike Friday (PR) 10 steps on and off the train, which isn't a problem. My company doesn't mind if I walk the bike in the building.
I'm moving to SF where the roads are shamefully bad and want something smoother (406 tires if I stick with a BF). I'm trying to think of my needs today and possible needs in the future. I can think of only one job in the past that didn't allow me to walk a bike in the building (but might have been ok about wheeling a folded bike). SF is pretty bike friendly.
Basically deciding between a BF silk or a Pacific Reach IF (not interested in 16" wheel). I only want 1 folder and prefer a BF for easier packing in suitcase compared to the IF.
Any thoughts on how important it is to wheel the bike? thanks in advance
To me, rolling only makes sense during peak hours when taking the train. Besides, they want the bike folded to make room for passengers, so the rolling makes sense. And rolling the bike is meant to push a heavy bike. If you're got a sub 20lbs like the Dahon Jifo for instance, then carrying is easier than rolling it.

Btw, I do roll my Speed Duo when taking the train and walk my Mu SL as that's my main travel bike by bus and train.