Old 01-09-13, 03:23 PM
Margot M

Bikes: Bike Friday NWT, Bike Friday Tandem Traveler XL, Trek Mountain bike, Specialized Vita flat handle road bike, Giant avail road bike, Specialized rumor MTB dually

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply. Just to answer your questions:

1. Re Amtrak - The tandem bike breaks down and we pack into a standard soft bike carry bag, this usually fits on baggage racks at end of carriages so think we should be okay, it weights less than 50lbs (22kg).

2. No Camping - Would like to stay in accommodation along the way

3. Yes Lancaster County, PA - this is just a whim and we don't need to cycle there or go at all, was not thinking leaf peeping in this area. We can disregard this area if required.

4. Okay thanks, will take Pine Creek off list and still consider GAP

5. Alot of the tours I have looked at were around 6 days for Lake Champlain hence considering somewhere else for the other 6 days, would be lovely to concentrate on one area however given the cost of getting there we would like to see a little more. That's why we thought of the Erie Canal, it was close by and could make a tour of the two areas, really wish we had longer! We could also hire a car and drive to Maine but that would obviously take out time in travel. Leaf peeping is the main reason for trip but if I can do all that Vermont around Lake Champlain in 6 days happy to see other things instead.

Hope that explains our plans a little better. Think Lake Champlain for leaf peeping a definite, just need to work out 6 day route (7 if we take off from other). Then look at GAP, Erie, Maine I guess for other 5-6 days.