Old 01-10-13, 10:41 AM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 378 Posts
Originally Posted by FrenchFit
The story that isn't being followed is ... why did our DOJ suddenly drop its investigation/prosecution of Armstrong? Who pulled their strings on Armstrong's behalf?
I doubt that is a sinnister, as some are making out. The DOJ came up close to empty on Bonds. Got their asses handed to them by Clemmons ( in a trail the DOJ botched leadind to a mistrial and a retrial).

With those rather public failures, I think the U.S. Attorney didn't want another protracted fight and potential loss ( recall that the crminal case against Armstrong would have required a lot more than simply showing he used PED's). I'm sure some high powered lobbying didn't hurt in the decision to drop the investigation, but I think it also was an ass covering decision by the U.S. Attorney. Those guys do not like to lose cases, and only pursue matters they have a high probability of winning.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.