View Single Post
Old 01-10-13, 02:27 PM
lmantei

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sure am glad I found this forum. Neighbor brought over a Free Spirit 10 speed he found at an abandoned house 'cause he knew I was looking to get a bike. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear it was my old bike from the early 80's. And to be honest, not sure what brand it really was, except bought it in Omaha, NE for about $80 or so brand new.

Part # for this particular bike is 489.471380. Sears no longer carries the owner's manual so not exactly sure what year this particular bike was manufactured. Maybe the model # indicates that??? The diagram Sears offers on its PartsDirect site is for the 26" Free Spirit (found images for owner's manual on another site), even though it did recognize the part # as a Sears 27" Lightweight Bicycle.

Would really like to fix this bike up; however, not sure if standard parts would work. Right now all I can see that needs to be replaced are the tires, tubes and a rear brake pad is missing. Other wise, the bike is rather descent condition considering it's been out in the weather for "who knows" how long.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.