View Single Post
Old 01-11-13, 03:29 PM
cyclotoine

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
there are stores that you can take your stuff too that will sell it on ebay, but you would have to write the descriptions for them. You won't get as good a return either because people want to buy from someone who knows what they are selling and they can trust. Ebay store= no trust, they can't answer questions. There is no easy way to do this. I sold a lot over the course of several months when I was writing my thesis and working from home. I had tons of time to take photos (with a home made light box) and write detailed descriptions and embedding lots of large photos right into the description (do they still let you do that?). The PO was 6 or 7 blocks away at the same place as the liquor store, pharmacey, grocery store, coffee house and I could just make a quick 5 minute trip whenever packages were ready. I even made my cardboard boxes out of bigger pieces of flat cardboard. It was an absurdly time consuming process and if you work full time it is not a very nice way to utilize your free time. Not for me anyway. Now I sell on here and I ask reasonable prices and it usually sells. A lot of the stuff I sold on ebay was stuff I bought on ebay and I felt the need to get my money back, now I don't buy anything with the "I can sell it" attitude. I buy it to use it and when I am done with it I will give it away or sell it cheep to be rid of it. Ebay is too much work.