View Single Post
Old 01-11-13, 03:58 PM
poprad

Bikes: 07 Vanilla, 98 IRD road frame built up with 25th Ann DA, Surly cross check with 105 comp, 78 Raleigh Comp GS, 85 Centurionelli

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 191 Posts
Originally Posted by vjp
My biggest beef with BQ magazine s that the design is horrible. HORRIBLE. Hire a designer and do a decent template at the least!
I'd actually disagree on this point, but only becasue I think his target audience is relatively unimpressed by slick print design. Not that I don't think it could be improved, but I pay for his mag because of the articles and his take on bike and component testing. Far more rigorous than the mainstream material. I'd hate to see him spend time/money/effort on anything that would detract from the quality of the written material. I don't claim to represent the whole of classic cycling, but I would venture to guess most of us are more impressed by high quality writing than attractive design.

To the OP's query, I'll probably buy it eventually, but now need to check my copy of Golden Age when it comes out of storage and see how it has held up.