Old 01-11-13, 10:03 PM
Bluish Green
Bicycle Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by thryn
Hmmm, I want to play (if just for the amusement of having the smallest number -- my commute is less than 2.5 miles one way), but I've just been logging all my mileage (a whopping 55 miles, ha) collectively this year, whether I've ridden to work, or just to the park, or to the beach, or the bar, or what.

Often I'll run an errand or go out to eat before work, and then do some pub-hopping after work, and then head home. Can I count that? What about trips to the grocery store? Should I just allot myself 4.75 miles for each day I ride both ways and not include other stops? Am I overthinking the absolute hell out of this? Yes.

But really, help a newbie out, here!
I think if you do a longer commute to include errands or stops along the way, most would consider that part of the commute mileage. A separate ride for fun, on a weekend, etc., is probably what most of us would include in our "Total" as opposed to "Commuting." Whatever works for you is all good. This is a fun place to track miles and discuss with other bike commuters. Welcome!