View Single Post
Old 01-12-13, 11:49 AM
mprelaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pinhy
UPDATE: Made a new friend in our skating and biking group, that is very good at building bikes. He saw me riding my 54cm bike and told me I should be on a bigger frame (I'm 6'-1"). I rode his 58cm and wow, what a difference! So he had an old 85 Cannondale polished aluminum frame and steel fork he gave me. We took most of the stuff off my old bike, bought a couple used shimano 600 sti shifters and new cables and chain. Loving it so far. The shiny aluminum really turns some heads.

One of my rims is a little warped, it rides OK, but needs to be replaced in the long run. Id like to find some quality lightweight rims for a couple hundred or less.

Also need a comfortable seat. I have ZERO "natural padding" and after 30 minutes or so I start to feel it.

Other than that, Im doing pretty much the same riding as mentioned above.
Even if you had more "natural padding" your sit bones would probably still not like your present saddle. The problem is that everyone has to find the best one for them.

I have zero natural padding too, but God must have given me the world's only universally compatible butt, because I can even ride on a Buttraper--uh, I mean Bontrager---saddle.