View Single Post
Old 08-27-05, 12:18 AM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I know you made up your mind already but here's my 2 cents...save your 2 cents and don't buy those tubes. The biggest problem with Slime tubes in road tires is that they don't work above 60 to 65 PSI; if you get the tinniest of holes and the leak seals as soon as you try to inflate above 60psi the high pressure air just blows the sealant right out of the hole and pffft your leaking again. Of course when this happens you have a nice green mess inside your tire and rim. Plus Slime tubes quality is poor, their Presta valves suck. I do use a Slime tube in my rear mtb tire and it works great on that.

Specialize makes a self sealing tube called the Airlock but I've never used them so cannot attest to them, but I heard they work very well.

I use to live in the Mojave Desert of Calif and Goatheads murdered my tires and found that only Specialize Armadillos worked, not anyother tire even when combined with Mr Tuffy's and Slime tubes.