View Single Post
Old 01-16-13, 05:20 PM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
I had promised long ago to add two bikes I have in the project pile in the garage.

The first is a Sekai 2700, GT Deluxe, serial number Y1E2677. It is labeled with
a green Champion tubing decal, unlike the ones I've seen prior, states double butted
but no other designation, and feels heavy enough that I thought at first it was
straight gauge tubing.

It also has a small label "Yamaguchi sports frame, Sakai, Japan.

The components are quite beautiful, and I'll try to get some photos up here tomorrow,
prior to reassembly, as it is too dark right now. Should go together pretty quickly.

Here are the hubs, from a prior photo ( I relaced the wheels to somewhat heavier and
a little more modern hook bead Araya rims. The rims that were on it were still straight,
but very lightweight for my tastes, and a little narrow for 27x1 1/4, my current tire size
of preference for these older bikes that came with 27's.

The old, presumably original rims.........

The other one in the garage is a 4000, so it ought to be interesting as well.
Thanks for the info dump! I was suspecting a lot of things were holding it up. I just scooped up a 2400 in really bad shape the other week, well the frame's in terrible shape but I'm salvaging almost everything componentwise from it, I find it amazing the components they put on these bikes considering the frame material.. so what size is the 4000?