View Single Post
Old 01-16-13, 06:00 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,827 Times in 1,709 Posts
Well, I've had a great vacation so far, but its almost over. I'll be flying out to San Diego on Sunday the 27th for my Security Manager refresher course, then leave for DG around the 12th of February.

So far, I've enjoyed meeting up with WNG, roadrunner2012, Irvri, Kvltbryce and cbresciani while in Phoenix, visited WNG's shop and spent an afternoon BSing with roadrunner2012 while he sorted out the ghost-shifting issue on my Davidson.

While in TX, I got out for a short ride with my niece and nephew, and have done a little riding on my own over here on the west side of Phoenix. My last big-bang will be going up South Mountain on Tuesday; after that, I'll park my car in mom's garage, disconnect the battery, lock the bikes to the rack and load up the trunk with some stuff that won't be making the trip to DG with me.

I had plans to hit Tucson this Friday - visiting/riding with Kvltbryce in the bargain - but another commitment has come up that's put paid to that. I guess that will have to wait for next year

Some pics from my vacation in TX and AZ:

Lime kiln at the Chinese Tea Garden in San Antonio:

On my ride with niece/nephew in Round Rock:

Atrium at Van Ness Architecture, my first employer during my drafting/design career:

Car freshly detailed after the wet and dirty 2000 mile trip down from WA:

C&V Southern Arizona ride:

Happy to be out on the bike:

L to R: Kvltbryce, Irvri, WNG, roadrunner2012, DD and cbresciani during the SA ride:

Post-ride lunch/photo-op at 32 Shea:

The Davidson after roadrunner2012 fixed my drivetrain for good:

Thanks to all the AZ C&Vers who took part in the ride, fixed things for me and generally provided super company during my stay. With the exception of family, visits to AZ are sorta-lonely pursuits these days as I have no friends from the old days still living around here - but I'm glad I got the opportunity to make some new ones, you know?

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 06-10-14 at 11:11 PM.