Old 01-18-13, 07:59 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
why is no one going after football players?
Usada is charged with olympic sport. So, any of the professioinal sports that also participate in the olympics should be recieving appropriate scrutiny. Assuming you are reffering to American gridiron style football, it wouldn't be of concern to usada. But, soccer/football should and yet they manage to preclude wada from participating in any out of competition testing and to the best of my knowledge in competion as well, with the exception of the olympics. How? Money and influence. Cycling doesn't have enough of either to keep Wada and the IOC at bay.

I'm just as curious why a few of the other endurance sports don't see the same level of doping control and investigation, distance running and swimming are two that benefit greatly from the same sort of programs as cycling. Personally, I'm not convinced that they're any cleaner, yet we don't hear nearly as many scandals coming from those. The only explanation I have is that, with the exception of a few longer relays, there isn't as much of a team component. Additionally, you have coaches or selection committees for those team as opposed to cycling where lead riders and DS's have a greater role in roster selection, feelings get hurt, and toys get throw out of the pram by those with the ability to hurt those that have upset them.