View Single Post
Old 01-19-13, 05:49 AM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by 4Rings6Stars
Why the canti hate? I've tried lots of canti brakes and sure, I could get them to stop adequately, but never as well as modern Campy dual pivots and it was a PITA to get them there. And no matter what color brake pad I used, they would inevitably howl and the fork would chatter. I am still using them on my IF, but wish they weren't there. It's actually my favorite riding bike, but I find myself reaching for something else with either discs or DPs. I inquired about having disc tabs added and when I was told no by all the local builders, I bought a DeSalvo that already had them.

I guess as Tom says, I don't have the patience for them. I recently started my first full-time job and will be working an average of 55 or more hours per week for the next 40 years. Life is short and my riding time is limited so I don't want to fuss around with things that are just okay. If I'm in the saddle half as much, that means my bike should be twice as nice and enjoyable. At least that's how I have been justifying my ridiculously expensive (by my standards) new build...

Sorry for the OT rambling. I am disgruntled to be awake this early on Saturday... Back to discussing the beautiful gazelle!
Good luck with your new job!

Nothing beats cash flow, does it.

As for the Gazelle, I can't wait to see this built.

Should be gorgeous.