Old 01-19-13, 09:33 AM
UK_Cyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No Price Match at Leisure Lakes, UK store.

I recently was in a Leisure Lakes English bike shop and I asked the employers of the shop to price match an item I wished to purchase.

This shop is a chain store, with several stores located in the UK. The store supposedly practices a price match policy, however any price-matching is dependent on the manager's final decision. (I believe this clause removes the entire concept of matching any price.) They promise to match "any" genuine price, but only at their discretion. So therefore, they're aren't actually matching any price at all!

The shop refused to price-match the item I wished to buy. The employee at the shop claimed that he wouldn't match the price because he had to pay the wages of his staff.

But(!) it's a chain store... He wouldn't be responsible for paying their wages. He will be employed by seniors/owners of the company.

The difference is price was significant. Leisure Lakes were retailing the item for 40% more than the UK internet retailers. Almost double!

The employees of the shop were harsh in their attitude and rude. They also told me that if I needed their services again they wouldn't price-match for me.

In recent news, the high-street retailers, Jessops, Comet & HMV have gone into administration. People have lost their jobs and high-street units are being emptied, but especially in this recession, I can't accept that in-shop customer services are worth 40% more in retail price.

I was a regular customer at the stated store, however I shall not be shopping there again.

I would recommend Cycle-Surgery (They have price-matched every single item I've purchased).