Old 01-20-13, 06:02 PM
THSdrummer

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by liveify
Picked up a 2012 CAAD 8 6 today for my first road bike. Got a really good deal on it from my local bike shop. I love it! I did 16 miles today (fairly out of shape right now) and can't wait until I can pick up some clipless pedals, shoes, bottle cages, etc. at the end of the month.

Congrats! It seems like plenty of people diving into road cycling and the CAAD cult here recently (myself included).

+1 to shopping smart. I purchased my pedals and shoes for 50%. I had intended to purchase Speedplays, but with that price cut on Shimano pedals, I didn't think twice about it.

I can relate on the cages. I asked if he had any cages he could throw in for free, whether they be old, cheap, or used. He couldn't believe the question at first, "used?!", but I was dropping a lot of money and didn't want to drop another $30. I got an Elite Patao Alu cage out of the deal. Just one so far, but it's nice. I might buy a set of those when I get a full set. They are a bit heavier, but I don't see it breaking at any point ever.

+1 on removing the reflectors as well. (and just to be clear, I have removed the reflectors from my bike now )