Old 01-21-13, 05:27 AM
NeoY2k

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, the plan B is Ergotec, they have a nice handlebar that would fit. But they are of the "forward type" butterflys, where the stem clamps in the middle of the bar.

And I'm thinking that the "Santos" one would provide maximum vibration dampening on the part where the brake levers are, which makes sense to me: if I'm in need of more control and not reaching as much, it might very well be because the terrain is irregular. It is the reverse with the Ergotec. To be honest, I don't think it actually would be that much of a difference - but the price of Ergotec is very high, add a new stem and the fact that I fear that this adjustabilitly might become a reliability problem down the road, and I'll wait a little to first try to find the Santos one.

I was at the french bicycle touring festival yesterday, and could see some Ergotecs and others used by small manufacturers, I will call some of them, there must be someone able to get me these. The shortest Ergotec seems to suit me fine width wise. Still no news from Santos - nor from Ergotec I asked wether I could chop some length of their bars, which now doesn't appears needed.

Thanks,
Nicolas