View Single Post
Old 01-21-13, 10:31 PM
MadCityCyclist

Bikes: Brompton M6R, Salsa Mukluk II, Trek 7500, Raliegh fixie, 3 SS cruisers, JC Higgins Color Flow, Junker Flying Jet, KHS F20-A, Worksman trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I respectfully disagree with your opinion of the the Bar Mitts product. I have had them for two years and I have been nothing but severely disappointed in them. They allow far too much air in from the rear of the mitt, making the neoprene front relatively useless.

The only way I could use Bar Mitts around 25 degrees or less was to deconstruct a winter jacket and reassemble the components to create a heavily insulated outer shell around the Bar Mitt's neoprene and then line the interior of the Bar Mitts with a synthetic fur to baffle the shocking amount of unrestricted airflow that comes in behind them. That may sound like a lot of work, and quite frankly it was, but because the Bar Mitts were so expensive I didn't feel good about throwing them out and I decided to make something out of the investment. Otherwise, I say "DON'T BUY BAR MITTS. THEY SUCK!!!"

We'll see if they send me a free pair....