View Single Post
Old 01-22-13, 12:14 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Soon after I posted my first reply in July to the Forums after the accident, I read an admonition from one of the moderators of the Commuting Forum not to post about one's cycling accident for legal reasons.
I get mixed opinions about commuting again, but the majority are positive.
I have been meaning post to this thread about a special event on Saturday July 27. Mass Bike is hosting their Annual Summer Century and Family Ride,
Several points here. First, you probably know this but your accident made the news. Its occurrence was noted far outside just BF.

Second, about commuting vs. risk, for the past two years I also commuted when the days are long enough and the weather warm enough. The possibility of an accident is something I, and I assume most of us, prefer to close our eyes to. Every time we take our tandem out I worry. I worry less so on a solo bike because it is more agile, but I still worry about some inattentive or drunk driver hitting me from behind in a most unlikely place. Nevertheless we ride anyway. You can't run from life.

Finally, about that Mass Bike event, please do post another note about it as the day nears!