View Single Post
Old 01-22-13, 07:53 PM
ultraman6970

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
+1, even the french ones that have really good riders have road racers, but theirs trackers are just amazing riders.

Some were saying about muscles and physiologic aspects of the guys but pretty much that is just BS, why??? Example... indurain and the Kaiser are just too big to climb, and the suckers climb like nobody probably even today and remember those two are time trialists not climbers. Then you have the opposite side, maxman... the guy to me looks like the usual road rider... small for the average of riders and he doesnt even look like a sprinter and there you have him... teo bos, theo bos is tall but athletic, he looks more like a road rider or a persuit guy, long legs, long muscles and there you have a 3 or 4 times sprinter world champion. You have zillions of examples of people that look like something and actually are good for other stuff specially in cycling.

Dont take me wrong guys but so far today I have not seen a single black guy that can climb decently. For some reason they just sucks at climbing and they just get disconnected after 3 hours of riding (pop!-- off). Raced a couple of tours back in the day and for some idiotic reason the few blacks always sucked at climbing (in the track was another story tho), i dont climb and I was smoking them. And the few sunday warriors i have seen in the area aren't spectacular either even in flats, as i said before dont take me wrong ok? just using my ex racer eye to observe.

So, for some reason witey no matter the country or shape will do ok with bicycles.. i'm part asian and objectively i can say that asians have the same issue than blacks, cant ride road bikes. I dont see an asian winning the TdF or any european great tour EVER even if they had a full time team working for them all the time.

Arabs? no idea but the guy that was in the pro tour as pretty good.

Hindi?? dont see a hindi winning in any sport but maybe cricket and programing java that they do like if it was a sport, not even think in going to the TdF someday, not making fun here ok... but seriously... anybody have seen an hindi guy riding a high end bike? and been thin like athletic? (always chubby) I apologize to who ever got offended ok? not making fun just making a point...