View Single Post
Old 01-23-13, 11:52 AM
Yo Spiff
Carpe Velo

Bikes: 2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '90 Bianchi Volpe,'94 Yokota Grizzly Peak, Yokota Enterprise, '16 Diamondback Haanjo, '91 Bianchi Boardwalk, Ellsworth cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
I just bought the exact same bike to fix up for a friend of my daughters. Looks just like OTG's in the photo above. $50 at a pawn shop. Mine needs a little work to get it roadworthy again, but primarily tuneup type stuff.

It appears to be slightly newer than my '88 Trek 900, as it has a sloping top tube and cantilever brakes. Frame is lower end than my 900, however. Judging from the tubing sticker, the seat tube is chromoly and the rest high tensile. My 900 has chromoly main tubes an high tensile stays. I was guessing early 90's.

Just looked over some old catalogs at Vintage-Trek. It appears to be a '96. All the component specs, frame specs, and the availability of that blue to black fade color scheme matches up. It is on page 34 of this PDF

BTW, it appears that Vintage Trek has recently obtained scans of complete catalogs from '84 through 2012. They are on this page

Last edited by Yo Spiff; 01-23-13 at 11:55 AM.