Old 01-28-13, 10:52 AM
tom cotter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
THX for the rainsuit info. Cycco, sounds like your rainsuit experience is similar to mine. Rain suits become sweat suits regardless of materials and $$$ spent.

I figured the LHTs the shop was selling were one offs because the specs didn't match anything I was reading on the net. To this day, other than some Bikes on tour, they remain the only built up LHTs i've ever seen.

I'll stand by my experience that the stock racks on a 520 aren't the way to go for loaded touring. And, neither are the tires. The Bontragers, in a word - Suck!!! I ride several bikes, not just the 520. The only tires to flat repeatedly on my training route, the Bontragers. Interestingly, a few years ago I bought a Trek 6000 series Mountain bike. It too comes with Bontrager tires. Because they were mountain bike tires I gave them the benefit of a doubt. Again a mistake! They flatted on a regualr basis. So off they came. The too many flats problem solved! Maybe it's just me. But my experience is the only basis i can use to form an opinion. And, Bontragers just don't work for me.

Last edited by tom cotter; 01-28-13 at 10:58 AM.