Old 01-31-13, 05:29 PM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
Yet you still haven't answered my question, are you actually contending it's safe to ride at night with no lights and no reflectors.

You can quibble all you want, but I think most reasonable people, without an agenda, would agree that is insane.
No one in this thread has disputed that possibility, but you have clearly stated your willingness to place full blame on a cyclist hit from behind without the actual scientific proof of fact. You should know better as a lawyer to place blame on someone just from supposition. You also excuse the motorist responsibility to not hit and kill things in their path by trying to blame others, as if others can control the motorist.

That has been the point that I and several others have tried to get you to realize: with the power of the motor vehicle, just as with a gun, the operator of such tools have added responsibilities to not kill others, regardless.

Maybe this will help you see how off base your wish to blame the cyclist are. Under your premise, minimart clerks knowing they are in a dangerous job, would be 100% at fault if they are shot by a robber and the clerk did not have a bullet proof vest on. If you do as you placed blame on the cyclist, you would place 100% blame on the clerk for their own death for not wearing a bullet proof vest.