Old 02-01-13, 12:22 PM
kknh3

Bikes: Schwinn High Plains, Trek 750 Multi-Track, Schwinn Passage, Schwinn High Sierra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do you think they'll get their asking price?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/bik/3581123452.html

I'm offering my beloved 1974 Schwinn Suburban for sale. A wonderfully original steed with carefully curated enhancements. If you just want a crappy old 10 speed, you're looking in the wrong place. If you're looking for a bike with true vintage character and exceptional additions, read on.

Do you like original? It's a completely original Schwinn made in Chicago in 1974 and in terrific shape, but I've changed the things that had to be updated (tires, tubes, brakepad and saddle(and if you want the original mattress saddle you can have it too). Like style? The new Brooks Flyer sprung saddle with new matching Brooks Challenge seatbag, along with the metallic chestnut paint with cream pinstripes, provide plenty. Like charm? The gleaming brass Crane bell has it with every ring; the vintage look gets looks aplenty. Like durability? The virtually new Schwalbe Marathon tires are virtually bullet-proof; the fenders and frame will last literally forever. Like good working order? Bike was recently tuned by the experts at Big Shark bike shop. Like comfort? The cushy tires, sprung leather saddle and upright position provide a really comfy ride. Like individuality? You won't be parking next to any other bikes like this, anywhere. Like irony? The Suburban is a truly great urban bike that excels at commuting, coffee and pub runs and cruising Forest Park (my primary uses for it). Want this gem? Call 314-302-0800. $400. Go price the above components (Brooks, Crane, Schwalbe), come see its condition and you'll agree it's a deal. Cheap no, a deal you'll enjoy for years, yes.