Old 02-05-13, 06:59 PM
hybridbkrdr
we be rollin'

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
This is just a passing comment. But, although people might say that inexpensive bicycles might have inferior suspension forks and disc brakes, fact is, I don't think everyone would be that fussy. If you want to know what I'd really feel like getting maybe something like a Jamis Trail X3: http://www.myjamis.com/SSP%20Applica...13&model=Trail X3&cat_grp=mtb26_4

It's a mountain bike and you can always change the shifters to Falcon friction shifters later on then change to a Rockshox suspension fork then Shimano disc brakes and Shimano Deore brake levers. And you're done. I think MRSP on 2012 was $550 and is available in 17 inch. It also has 26 inch wheels. If you do some research on touring framesets, you'll see under 54cm, some go with 26 inch wheels for specific reasons like toe clearance. Even though 700c might be popular for city bikes (hybrids), I don't think it means it's ideal of all sizes. Like I said, the Jamis Trail X3 you can ride like it is and only change parts when or if needed. The derailleurs and shifters are Acera anyway so I wouldn't complain especially if I chose to go with friction shifters. Then you don't have to have your derailleurs adjusted by a shop.