View Single Post
Old 02-06-13, 05:57 PM
Grand Bois

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by due ruote
I've heard really good things about the A70s. Are you happy with them?

Funny, it's been BA week for me. First I found a fairly beat up pair of A60s for $10. Refoamed them and they sound very nice. Then today I picked up a nearly flawless pair of A150s. Just need a re-foam. I'll be very interested to hear them, as I've heard nothing but praise. Pretty big though; that could be an issue, but I couldn't pass them up at about the same price as a foam kit to restore them.
I'm sorry, I didn't see your question until now. The A70s are just okay, but it may be a placement issue. I had to hang them on the wall due to space limitations and some speakers don't sound their best that way. I've got some Magnaplanars that sound like crap unless they're pulled out at least four feet from the wall. I don't know about you, but I don't have that kind of space to waste.

My favorite 8" 2 ways are a pair of AR B18 Rock Partners. Despite the unfortunate name, the weird wedge shape and black vinyl covering, they sound great, especially for the acoustic guitar nuevo flamenco I've been listening to lately. I'm looking for a second set so I can stack them. They sell cheap, probably because they're so ugly.

Last edited by Grand Bois; 02-06-13 at 06:06 PM.