View Single Post
Old 02-06-13, 06:10 PM
due ruote 

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 320 Posts
Originally Posted by Grand Bois
I'm sorry, I didn't see your question until now. The A70s are just okay, but it may be a placement issue. I had to hang them on the wall due to space limitations and some speakers don't sound their best that way. I've got some Magnaplanars that sound like crap unless they're pulled out at least four feet from the wall. I don't know about you, but I don't have that kind of space to waste.

My favorite 8" 2 ways are a pair of AR B18 Rock Partners. Despite the unfortunate name, the weird wedge shape and black vinyl covering, they sound great, especially for the acoustic guitar nuevo flamenco I've been listening to lately. I'm looking for a second set so I can stack them. They sell cheap, probably because they're so ugly.
No worries.

I like both the pairs of BA speakers I have. The A60s sound really good in our small kitchen. The A150s blow me away. I'm not an audiophile and I never had a pair of speakers this nice before. They take up some space but are totally worth it imo. And I'm just driving them with a cheapo '90s entry level Pioneer receiver.