Old 08-30-05, 11:34 AM
TexasGuy
That darn Yankee

Bikes: Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ill bum a draft and ill let anybody bum a draft off of me. When i first started riding in San Antonio, coming back to 1604 along i-10 I passed a gruop and this dude had a T-mobile pink jersey. I passed them and a bit later I noticed a bit of pink shadowing me. He drafted me for a good bit before I either lost him or he decided to hang out.

I've drafted 2 people. The first time we kind of switched positions a few times and then finally he went off and I drafted him till I got dropped. We never exchanged a word. Another time, I was doing a time trial and some fast dude passed me. I chased after him and spent the next 10-20 minutes flying at 25-30mph+. It's amazing what drafting a single person can do. Again we never exchanged words. When we cycled back i nodded but he seemed to be in his zone so I doubt he even noticed.

I will give you that there is the bumping wheels factor but I honestly think its a case by case situation. Some people can discern when someobdy else is going to do something stupid. Me personally I won't ride 2 inches from somebody. All the times that I drafted both people I was no closer then 2 feet and probably more like 10-20 feet behind them. **** happens, and people who can discern situations and interpret peopels actions and read the vibes have a better chance of avoiding ****.