View Single Post
Old 02-07-13, 08:30 PM
vesteroid
Climbers Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You are going to quickly find out that everyone one here is an expert in every subject.

i personally am convinced there is a market for your idea. I believe there is a real business opportunity in catering to obese riders.

there of course are challenges, and business issues to be worked out, but that exist whith any "new" idea.

my suggestion is that you research the cottage industry that grew up around lightweight backpacking. Not too many years ago several small groups of avid backpackers saw a market that was being untapped by the current regime. They started making totally new products in their garages and many of them did very well. They saw an opportunity and made a business out of it.

check out people like Henry shires at tarptent.com, or joe at zpacks.com, or Ron at sixmoondesigns.com, or glen at mountainlaureldesigns.com. Or ula-equipment.com

all of these guys grew a small business from their garages.

even if it never goes anyplace, it will be a great learning experience. Follow your dreams and don't listen to the noise.

if you ever want to kick around an idea or ask a question from someone who has successfully owned and operated a metal manufacturing business for almost 26 years, shoot me a pm....always happy to help people get started.

Last edited by vesteroid; 02-07-13 at 08:40 PM.