Old 02-08-13, 10:28 AM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked 854 Times in 387 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
Some interesting tidbits...

He used a local store that sells online as his fence. Apparently they've been acting as a fence at this location for 3 generations and the police and DA seem uninterested in pursuing the store owners. I've been making a pain of myself trying to get them to do something and they're doing their best to ignore me. Their attitude seems to be that the fence/store isn't the real problem since they don't break in. I disagree...they're the bigger problem because thugs are more replaceable...getting rid of a three generation fence would make more impact. They must know someone or have some political protection. I love Philadelphia, but it can be a frustrating city at times.
This is a very hard charge to prove, that the owner of the pawn shop or used goods store knew that the goods that they purchased were stolen. It sucks but, if they act within the law, there is not much the cops can do. This happened here in Toronto for years, a well known fence for stolen bikes seemingly acted with impunity but he was in fact just very smart and never stepped outside of the bounds of the law. Any and all bikes that he bought from a person would have to be accompanied by photo i.d. and, if the seller didn't have it, there would be no sale. It was not until he started giving the bike thieves what they really wanted, crack in trade for bikes, that the police became interested.