View Single Post
Old 02-08-13, 11:11 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Two things--either of them "Not Bad"

Had to go to the docs this afternoon after the blood tests that were taken Tuesday. Bit of intrepidation because our National Health Service doesn't work that fast. What's Wrong? What have they found? First I cannot believe and that is I am way down on Vitamin "D". That is the sunshine vitamin and if it is not raining too hard or not too cold I am always out in the garden. Must be all that time I am spending indoors at the gym.

Secondly it looks as though I have Diabetes. I say only looks like it as I have known about an elevated Glucose count for about 10 years and it has always been at the same level. More tests in a Couple of weeks and I will find out if the elevated glucose level has developed into something more chronic.

So both of these are not bad in my opinion- I had a problem- that has been found and now comes the getting round the problem. Won't say "Cure" as it might offend some.

The other "Not Bad" is something I have been putting off. Fitting new bar tape.

Went for Easton Cork Tape in black as it felt thick enough and it was cheap. Started at the centre of the bars so I would lose that strip of black tape and I did not find it too difficult. These are the new C.F. bars I bought and they have the flat part at the centre that may be for Aerodynamics but give a flat surface for the hands to rest on. Will find out if I have done it correctly in a few weeks riding and if not--I already know how not to do it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00046.jpg (97.9 KB, 26 views)
DSC00048.jpg (97.0 KB, 30 views)
DSC00049.jpg (96.3 KB, 26 views)

Spike Milligan