Old 02-08-13, 04:51 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Stap,
Glad that you have the diabetes diagnosed before things got out of hand for you. Mikey is probably the best person, besides your NHS doctors to talk with about the management of diabetes. With your determination to be healthy you won't have any problems. When I was diagnosed with the CRF last summer I found a lot of great information and guidance at the American Diabetes Association and the American Kidney Association websites. A couple of good books for diet and recipes to use in cooking meals are very helpful for me in the management. I imagine that the UK has similar groups for support you can use. Diet was the biggest help in all of my management of my kidney problems and my B-I-L uses them in his diabetes management (diagnosed 2 months ago.) The doctor that manages my case told me that the riding is the single best personal thing, save a proper diet I am doing and not stop doing the riding, George said much the same, above.

A glucose meter is probably the best item for sugar level management I know of, I imagine you either have or are getting one shortly, now. As George said sugar level management is really important, as you probably already know form the NHS. My B-I-L keeps his in his pocket at all times and checks regularly to determine what he needs as far as medication and diet. Vitamin D I know little about, never had any problems with that one, thankfully. Best of luck in dealing with the diabetes and Vit. D deficiency, I'll keep you in all of my prayers. A P.M. this weekend will be coming.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Last edited by qcpmsame; 02-08-13 at 04:57 PM.