Old 08-30-05, 09:53 PM
kateonmars

Bikes: None - yet.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jcwitte
It was more of a home video than a real documentary. Not at all worth the money.

I thought the third narrator's style was annoying. And that 13 year old kid talking about his return to school. Geez. What a joke. I feel bad for the kid. He'll have a hard time making any friends.
Feel bad for the kid?! Most thirteen year-olds spend their summers comatose on the couch playing nintendo, or singing camp songs around a campfire at some dinky summer camp, or far, far worse. But this kid biked across a good chunk of the country, a feat people twice his age rarely attempt or achieve, and you think his experience was a joke?

This summer I biked from San Fran to Ocracoke along the Western Express and TransAmerica routes (http://katexusa.blogspot.com), and I actually rode with this kid and his "friends" (bunch of 16-18 yr olds) for a while as they attempted a coast-to-coast cross-country trip. They made it, and are now heading back to high school with an epic adventure under their belts. Man, what a joke. I sure feel bad for them.

Seriously though, any video that has the potential to inspire others to get off their butts and get on a bike should be lauded, not bashed.