Old 02-15-13, 11:56 AM
juggleaddict

Bikes: LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There's a lot of opposition here, but at the same time, everybody is different. If there was a perfect tent for bike touring then everybody would have it, but there are different preferences and priorities.

I'm sure that tent would fit someone's style. personally I think it would be great for short 2-3 day tours where you wanted to take as little as possible, and you could do a bivy, but a tent really does provide more room, even if you can't sit up, you can read on your stomach.

There is a reason tent makers don't make only 1 tent, I would think the most important thing to do when designing a tent is to make sure your design fits a niche that hasn't been filled. Either that or build something that just straight outperforms the competition of the same niche, which is very difficult to do; tents have come a long way in the past few years.

personally I think it's more useful to the community to design something that fills a gap in the tent market. . . just make sure you do it right else someone else will improve on the idea and you're out your inherently wonderful design.