View Single Post
Old 02-16-13, 05:07 PM
christo930

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arvadaman
I have been riding now for about two years and have not lost a significant amount of weight. On the other hand, I can tell that I have had a significant improvement in my stamina and overall health. Now, it is time to confront the elephant in the room and tackle the diet side of the equation.

For those of you who have made diet changes, what changes have given you the biggest bang for the buck in terms of weight loss?
Sugary drinks/beer. I used to drink a lot of soda, but I developed insomnia, so I started drinking sweet juices (to get away from the caffeine). I looked at the calorie content and it was 110 calories per 8 oz serving and I was drinking nearly 1.5 liters a day, so that was 660 calories. Now, I know it's not the healthiest option, but I started drinking Koolaide, but with only 1/4 cup of sugar per 64 oz (2 liter) which is 24 calories per 8oz serving. Now if I drink any soft drink or juice, it tastes like pure sugar. I did it in stages, the first few days were 1 cup of sugar, then 3/4, then 1/2 than 1/3 and now 1/4 and I plan on bringing that down to about 1/8th. Also, try to avoid (though it's REALLY hard) HFCS. It's MUCH worse than cane sugar and has an inability to tell your brain you are full.

Next is portion size. But don't do it in one day, gradually reduce your portion sizes. If you do it in one day, you will be starving and thinking about food constantly, it sets you up to fail. Especially stay away from fast food.

Chris.