View Single Post
Old 02-17-13, 08:21 AM
Meandmybike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Does size really matter?

I know a man who prefers to cycle a bike that's a little too small, or perhaps i should word it as he prefers to ride a bike size which is smaller than recommended. He's a little taller than me, i'd say about 6.1 and he rides a 50cm. He's much older than me, my mates dad. Both my mate and his dad have told me about his travels and i've seen the photos. He seems to get about no problem. I did have the conversation with him about why he cycles a bike that he even looks too tall to be riding and he says his first bike was giving to him when he was in his early twenties and it was a little too small, but he liked it and he found the riding position very comfortable. Ever since he's only bought a bike that's a little smaller than recommended.

I cycle a 50cm and i'm 5.11. I was not fitted for this bike and it wasn't recommended. I seen it for sale, i bought it, took it home and readjusted the seat and handlebar and that was it. I find it to be perfect and i think i will continue to ride a 50cm.

What height are you guys, what size to you prefer and how much does size matter?