A tiny member

Bikes: 2013 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to get yourself re-motivated to ride more

Where to start. Hmmm.
Okay, well I guess in the begining of my adult cycling life.
About 10 years ago now, I bought a used POS mountain bike when my POS car was in the sop for an extended period of time. Well turned out that the POS car was DOA, so that left me on the POS mountain bike for my main means of transport. Well turns out that I actually liked riding the bike. I went for the next 3 or 4 years without a personal motor vehicle.
Then a life changing job opportunity came my way. Well over the last 4 or 5 years now, my riding habits have become and stayed kind of erratic. So now I am floating about 25 to 30 lbs over what I think is a good weight for me. But now I just can't seem to get myself motivated to ride the bike as much as I did before the current employment came along. I used to ride 150 to 200 miles a week.

So if anyone out there has been in a similar situation how did you motivate yourself to start riding more? I was thinking of putting an ad on craigslist looking for a riding buddy. Someone that can ride at times that would be good for me and my schedule.

Thanks for any feedback or advice.