View Single Post
Old 02-20-13, 09:29 PM
ksisler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Kapaun
That probably has a 7 speed Free Hub body which is too short for cassettes with >7 speeds. Isn't it also spaced for 145MM?
I haven't taken the current 7spd cassette off yet to see what is underneath. Should have it off in a day or two (my chain whip was "borrowed" so new one on its way yesterday.

Another poster suggested the wheel might already be 9spd (due to the large OLN) but with a 7spd cassette installed, but with a spacer behind the current cassette to space it out? It does look like there is about 3/16" or 1/4" of black metal showing behind the cassette up against the alloy of the hub when I was expecting to see about 1/16" lip of the body. And there is plenty of space between the big sprocket and the spokes and also between the little sprocket and the dropout. Thus it just might be already a 9spd read hub. It would be good luck landing on me...would be a welcomed change.

The wheel is cleanly 135mm OLN. The frame I want to put the revised wheel into was factory 135mm, not a stretched or bent into 135mm.

/Just another day or two!
/K